Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Query's,Graduations,Licenses and other Milestones happening


So we are wrapping up revisions and preparing to send our  baby MS out into the world in the coming weeks. (Tamara is also going to California State University so this works for her too)

Right now Tamara is out shopping with our mom and I am suppose to be doing revisions, but I like working together with Tamra so much that I'm waiting patiently until she arrives home .*tweetles thumbs* (I'm not procrastinating I swear!) 

I sent our current Query out to 2 places on the interweb today for critiques and am waiting to see how the response is.Its so strange because for the first half of the year  I've watched it grow from zero words to a 100k MS! That is a lot of words. Eventually in the coming days when we finish this batch of revisions it will be taken down ...A lot. Most likely by a few thousand  .

This is the first MS I had the pleasure of writing and  is the most words I have ever written in my life . I  am so proud that we actually buckled down and accomplished what we sent out to do ,so regardless of what happens in our publishing future( If there is one,I have faith that there will be) I am perfectly content.Worst case scenario I have a story that I  love that I could pass along to my family and hope that they love it as much as I do.

Speaking of Family our Grandmother visited from Georgia recently ( she went back home on Monday) We had a blast. We went to Universal Studio's Hollywood ( Although it is in Studio City -Not  Hollywood)  and took her to the amazing In-N-Out (now i'm crazing in-n -out). During her visit Tamara and I were often huddled around our laptop ,working on revisions like mad men(in Tamara's case woman).Ironically grandma's last day in town was the day we finally finished the MS and had a looser schedule to take her where she wanted to visit .Don't worry my mom and dad took her  to Hollywood which I sadly missed,not because of the MS but because they left at 7 am and I am in no why shape or form a morning person.I didn't receive the text from my mom until I woke up at 11 (But i have Hollywood with grandma in the past so i haven't missed out entirely.

Besides the MS being completed a lot of other wonderfully amazing things happened.I got my permit,Tamara Got her License ,and Tamara Graduated High School !!!!!! (the use of unnecessary capitalization is crazy) She graduated from the same school as me ,although she attended a different section of it .She was the top of her class and we are all extremely proud of her. After the graduation we went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate and had a cook out at when we got home.We eat a lot.

With school being out of the way for the summer  for both of us we can now focus on other things .This means making the MS the best it can possibly be ( A small goal for me in the summer is to get my license!) So I guess If I want the book to be completely done I should get back to editing and revising and stop procrastinating ( Fine, I admit it that is what I'm doing)

Until next time!

Aaron